Title: Grow Laborer
Reports to: Building Manager
Required Permits/Licensing/Registration : Marijuana Establishment Agent Card, Pesticide Applicator License
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities : N/A
Work Status: Full Time
Following policies set forth by the Company in concert with the Director of Cultivation Operations, provide support in the operation of the cultivation department through completing labor intensive duties and tasks, assisting the efficient harvesting of crops, organizing and transporting supply materials, sanitizing cultivation rooms, and decontaminating equipment and materials.
● Support the operations of the cultivation staff by safe and efficient completion of tasks delegated by supervisory staff.
● Fulfill daily obligations to the satisfaction of supervisory staff.
● Thorough communication of any obstacle which limits their capability to see individual duties through to completion.
● Relay to superiors any conditions observed during shift that may affect the success of that day’s work.
● Complete everyday cultivation responsibilities including but not limited to; supply organization, daily harvests, transportation of grow media (soil/coco), transplanting into new vessels, sanitization of cultivation rooms and surrounding areas, decontamination of materials, and all matters related to compliance of State and Federal regulations.
● Fulfill assigned responsibilities in line with procedures set forth by all department Standard Operating Procedures and subsequent training.
● Other duties as assigned
● Operate under the guidelines provided by company policies and procedures.
● Ability to understand and complete all given directives in a timely manner.
● Ability to communicate clearly whether verbally or in writing
● Basic understanding of job specific information technology
● Adherence to all industry standards set forth by Local, State, and Federal regulations.
● Capacity to work autonomously to achieve daily directives and department goals.
● Flexible work schedule required; to include covering a vacant shift and/or facility issues in emergency situations as needed.
● Represent the company in a professional manner when communicating or interacting with all local community, state, or federal officials.
● Observe and maintain all safety procedures and protocols
Additional Functions :
● Ability to be flexible and work in various sectors of the department or company as needed and/or requested by their direct supervisor.
● Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences.
● Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately.
● Ability to apply appropriate public relations skills in various situations and circumstances and to facilitate change as needed.
● The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
● Must have excellent communications skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to interpret, understand, and comply with complex statutes, ordinances, regulations, standards, and laws.
● Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety
regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, governmental agencies, community members and the general public.
Additional Requirements :
● Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
● Must pass any and all required background checks
● Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Minimum Education and Experience :
● High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
● Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
Working Conditions :
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, walking, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, standing, sitting, bending, twisting and repetitive motions.
● PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 60 pounds (100 pounds with assistance)
● Must be able to tolerate dusty, strong smelling marijuana odors, bright lighting conditions, and be able to tolerate exposure to the product.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org