Reports to: Dispensary Manager/Dispensary Assistant Manager
Required Permits/Licensing/Registration : Marijuana Establishment Agent Card
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities : N/A
Status: Full Time
Following policies set forth by the Company in concert with the Dispensary Management Team, provide support in the general operation of the company through retail sales and the oversight of all inventory and corresponding data entry required to maximize operational efficiency. Assist the management team with the activities and operations of the retail location, while abiding by policies, procedures and operational guidelines established in the company training program and SOPs. Responsible for assisting customers with making informed purchasing decisions, ensuring they receive accurate and timely purchase fulfillment, as well as all matters relating to customer service and satisfaction.
● Responsible for helping customers in the retail locations in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
● Responsible for extensive retail product knowledge so as to provide customers assistance in making educated purchasing decisions.
● Responsible for completing any work assigned to them during their scheduled shift including, but not limited to:
● Accurate use and maintenance of the Point Of Sale (POS) system
● Correct cash handling and discount/coupon application
● Answering the phone and greeting customers
● Maintain accurate inventory counts and product sales
● Maintaining patient confidentiality
● Comprehension and application of all Security and safety compliance, procedures, and protocols
● Store organization, cleanliness, and general upkeep of sales floor
● Maintain open communication with the management team and other co-workers
● Report employee issues or customer situations to supervisory staff
● Provide any necessary support to the management team to ensure retail operations, including: daily activities, maintenance, as well as patient information for any reported issues and/or customer complaints.
● Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and following the company’s established policies and procedures for sales and customer service.
● Operate under the guidelines provided by company policies and procedures.
● Ability to understand and complete all given directives in a timely manner.
● Ability to communicate clearly whether verbally or in writing
● Basic understanding of compliance software and job specific information technology
● Adherence to all industry standards set forth by Local, State, and Federal regulations.
● Capacity to work autonomously to achieve daily directives and department goals.
● Flexible work schedule required; to include covering a vacant shift and/or facility issues in emergency situations as needed.
● Represent the company in a professional manner when communicating or interacting with all local community, state, or federal officials.
● Observe and maintain all safety procedures and protocols
Additional Functions :
● Ability to be flexible and work in various sectors of the department or company as needed and/or requested by their direct supervisor.
● Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences.
● Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately.
● Ability to apply appropriate public relations skills in various situations and circumstances and to facilitate change as needed.
● The ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and challenging environment.
● Must be proficient in Windows based software and point of sale applications.
● Must have excellent communications skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to interpret, understand, and comply with complex statutes, ordinances, regulations, standards, and laws.
● Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, governmental agencies, community members and the general public.
● Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and electronic mail.
Additional Requirements :
● Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
● Must pass any and all required background checks
● Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Minimum Education and Experience :
● High School Diploma or equivalent
● Previous Customer Service experience preferred
● Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
Working Conditions :
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, standing, sitting, bending, twisting and repetitive motions.
● PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 40 pounds (100 pounds with assistance)
● Must be able to tolerate dusty, strong smelling marijuana odors, and be able to tolerate exposure to the product.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org